Project Manager of Construction Services
The specific position of Project Manager – Construction Services primary focus is on building a professional and effective team for our Construction Division, while maintaining a balance in regards to profitability, capabilities, and building our core competencies. Working with and building Alternative Design’s reputation and sales bookings through Construction Companies, Architectural Firms, City Administration, Parks and Recreations Departments, Business Owners, and Individuals. Alternative Design is open to growth and change, we know that there is always room for new opportunities and we do not want to limit ourselves to our current scope of work, when we may be capable of more.
The Project Manager – Construction Services, is responsible for all Construction related activities in regards to Alternative Design, this would mean that they would direct all our activities (Sales, bids, estimates, timelines, submittals, pricing, etc..) to ensure that we are maintaining a positive reputation in order to meet the commitments that we are making. While maintaining profitability on jobs in coordination with other Alternative Design department heads, including but not limited to purchasing, service (installation crews), and construction engineering (staff dedicated to this division).
If other sales opportunities present themselves or are developed by the Project Manager – Construction Services, then the decision to pursue will be discussed with the Executive Management Team.
Expectations of the Sales Related Duties for Construction Division:
Alternative Design’s expectation of the sales aspect of the job requirement is that they will effectively promote our company and products to the industry we serve. Effective promotion is defined as generating sufficient bookings of our standard product line and custom capabilities to meet or exceed our bookings target
It is also expected that the sales representative will build our customer base each year with special emphasis on developing relationships with large customers that will provide average annual bookings of $1,000,000 or more over a year period per customer. These accounts are designated as “Key Accounts”. In order for an Account Manager to consistently meet their bookings target it is necessary for them to have “Key Accounts”.
It is the company’s expectation that all sales activity will be document in E-Synergy with all information gathered concerning all accounts contacted. This documentation will include Customer Profiles, bookings potential, Leads, Quotes, Orders and substantive communications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Work well with all company personnel, maintain a positive team atmosphere, and offer help to others.
· Maintain a professional attitude, spoken communication, even in a situation where customers or co-workers are not. * This includes but not limited to refraining from foul or aggressive language.*
· Contact new and existing customers via phone, email, direct mail and site visits to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
· Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
· Develop relationships with Construction and Architectural firms, Including but not limited to Project Managers, Estimators, Architects, and all other Key Personnel.
· Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
· Quote projects, credit terms and other bid specifications. Negotiate prices and terms of sales.
· Review sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
· Provide customers with ongoing technical support, active timeline updates, and status updates.
· Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
· Arrange for installation through Service Manager, and any additions, change orders, or timeline changes.
· Attend sales and trade meetings, read related publications in order to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, and industry developments, and competitive equipment campaigns.
· Complete sales reports, and other paperwork.
· Provide feedback to company’s product design team so products can be tailored to clients’ needs.
· Verify that materials lists are accurate and that delivery schedules meet project deadlines.
· Compute customer’s installation or production costs, and estimate savings from new services, products, or equipment.
· Obtain building blueprints and specifications for use by design teams in bid preparations and insure design team is working with the most current plans and revisions.
· Meet corporate sales and profit goals.
· Displays or demonstrates product using samples or catalog and emphasizes salable features.
· Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
· Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet websites and other sources.
· Investigates and resolves customer problems with products, deliveries or other concerns and issues.
· Set-up and prepare presentations to industry; Existing Customers, Potential Customers, Lunch and Learns, A&E Firms, etc…
· Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
· Competitiveness – Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
· Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
· Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
· Sales Ability – Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
· Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word. Never use foul or aggressive language in front of the customer, or co-workers even with they are.
· Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
· Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
· Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
· Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
· Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
· Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
· Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
· Negotiation – Possessing the ability to discuss pricing, payment terms, delivery schedule, product features, and warranty terms with an end goal to meet the company’s needs.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or university)
Experience: five to ten years related experience. Experience with Procore is a plus
Excellent computer skills are required including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, ability to track web leads, and ability to communicate via email. Must be able to learn job-specific software quickly. Must be able to work in internet-based searches, receive and pull information from sites to lead to quoting and sales opportunities.
Related keywords: project manager, construction project manager, construction manager, construction, project manager construction
We offer competitive pay with good benefits including health and life insurance, 401K plan, paid holidays, and vacation.
Apply in person at 3055 Cheri Whitlock, or send resumes to PO Box 6330, Siloam Springs, AR 72761, or email email@example.com.
Alternative Design is an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.