Alternative Design is a leader in the design and manufacture of poultry caging. With an emphasis on quality and innovative design in cages that last far longer than traditional poultry cages, Alternative Design has developed caging for chickens that not only provides a better environment for the animals, but withstands the test of time as well.
Customers have come to appreciate the ease of use that is built into all our poultry housing solution products, and the durable construction that comes from using PVC coated wire and stainless steel.
Standard features include:
- 16 compartments on cart
- Wire basket constructed from 0.148 galvanized wire
- Wire grid is 1″x 6″ sides, 1″x 2″ floor
- Doors are made from 1/4″ rod
- Door is horizontally hinged in the middle to prevent birds from escaping during removal and to minimize stress and injury
- 4 six inch poly wheel casters with sealed ball bearings
- Frame is hot dip galvanized 1″ angle steel for durability
- Galvanized wire basket construction for corrosion resistance
- Two wheels are rigid, two swivel for easy handling
- All components are designed to withstand exposure to short burst direct flame for disinfecting
Part # – SHTC-47.5X17.5X75-BASKET2
Approximate Overall Dimensions – 47.5” W x 17.5” D x 75” H
Approximate Compartment Dimensions – 24” W x 17.5” D x 8” H
IMPORTANT: INITIAL CLEANING
All components of this Alternative Design product must be cleaned, sanitized and sterilized, where applicable, prior to being put into service. This unit is made primarily of hot dip galvanized steel. Use care when cleaning to prevent corrosion that can shorten useful life.
Caster used on this equipment was chosen for its suitability in applications where frequent washdowns are necessary. It is also well suited for applications exposed to heat, cleaning agents, steam, caustic solutions or other corrosive agents, which could cause rust and contamination. After washing and/or autoclaving, check casters for proper operation. Check the axle nut to ensure it is still tight (125 inch/pound is recommended). If the axle and/or swivel bearing has to be lubricated, use a high temp grease.
Recommended Temperatures for Chicks
Alternative Design offers a 1-year warranty on all galvanized products the company makes. These products are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects during this period.