Standard features include:
- 8 Cages per rack – 2 column x 4 rows
- Cage depth is 34 inches of enclosed space plus 4-6 inches of trough outside the wire front to catch the eggs and allow eggs to stop out of reach of the ducks.
- Cage floor slopes so that cage height at back is 12 inches and at front is approx. 16″.
- Each cage will house 2 ducks, each weighing 1000 – 2000 grams.
- Waste catch pans slope downward toward the back.
- Side of cages are solid sheet metal, stainless or galvanized
- Rack will be 35″ deep and the top two tiers are removable to allow rack to fit through standard 79″ high doorways.
Optional features include:
- Auto-Water Options are available
- Different flooring options are available for specifications from customer
Part Number: DC-81X35X84-F-ND-WS
Rack Dimensions: 81″W x 35″D x 84″H
Cage Dimensions: 33″W x 34″D x 16″ H
IMPORTANT: INITIAL CLEANING
All components of this Alternative Design stainless steel product must be cleaned, sanitized and sterilized,
where applicable, prior to being put into service.
PVC coated wire cleaning – PVC coated wire may be heated up to 180 degrees F or 82 degrees C for cleaning and disinfecting
This unit is made primarily of 304 stainless steel. Use care when cleaning to prevent corrosion that can
shorten useful life.
Cleaning solutions which contain high levels of chlorine are not recommended for stainless steel parts.
Caster used on this equipment was chosen for its suitability in applications where frequent washdowns are
necessary. It is also well suited for applications exposed to heat, cleaning agents, steam, caustic solutions
or other corrosive agents, which could cause rust and contamination.
After washing and/or autoclaving, check casters for proper operation. Check the axle nut to ensure it is still
tight (125 inch/pound is recommended). If the axle and/or swivel bearing has to be lubricated, use a high
Alternative Design offers a 5-year warranty on all stainless steel fabricated products the company makes. These products are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects during this period.
The 5-year warranty includes:
* Individually Ventilated Caging (IVC) rack frames and fabricated components
* All other stainless steel fabricated caging systems
* Fabricated material handling, storage and processing equipment made of stainless steel