Alternative Design’s stainless steel rabbit housing units provide up to a full 6 square feet of floor area in an open style design with excellent visibility and ventilation.
- Long lasting with a durable stainless steel cage and frame
- Open design for better ventilation and visibility
Standard features include:
- Made from 304 stainless steel including the frame, feeders and pans
- 6 individual cages with 6 square feet per cage
- Side and back panels have solid lower with wire rod upper section for more light and visibility with better ventilation
- J feeders and stainless steel litter pans
- Removable polypropylene floors for animal comfort and quieter housing
- Clean or disinfect up to 180 F
- Swing up divider panel within cage for breeder units
- Unique circle latch easy open and secure close for convenience
- Urine deflector on door as well as all other walls
- 5” Stainless steel swivel casters, 2 with brakes
- Automated watering system with a stainless steel manifold
Optional features include:
- Stainless steel flooring for autoclavable requirements
- Stainless steel manual flush system
- Removable resting bench
6 sq. ft. floor
Part # – RB6-30X29X18-SS
Cage Dimensions – 30” W x 29” D x 18” H
IMPORTANT: INITIAL CLEANING
All components of this Alternative Design stainless steel product must be cleaned, sanitized and sterilized, where applicable, prior to being put into service. This unit is made primarily of 304 stainless steel. Use care when cleaning to prevent corrosion that can shorten useful life. Cleaning solutions which contain high levels of chlorine are not recommended for stainless steel parts.
The polypropylene flooring is not autoclavable. It is only rated to 180°F/82°C.
We recommend cleaning/disinfecting temperature of up to 165°F/74°C for the flooring.
Caster used on this equipment was chosen for its suitability in applications where frequent washdowns are necessary. It is also well suited for applications exposed to heat, cleaning agents, steam, caustic solutions or other corrosive agents, which could cause rust and contamination. After washing and/or autoclaving, check casters for proper operation. Check the axle nut to ensure it is still tight (125 inch/pound is recommended). If the axle and/or swivel bearing has to be lubricated, use a high temp grease.
Alternative Design offers a 5-year warranty on all stainless steel fabricated products the company makes. These products are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects during this period.
The 5-year warranty includes:
* Individually Ventilated Caging (IVC) rack frames and fabricated components
* All other stainless steel fabricated caging systems
* Fabricated material handling, storage and processing equipment made of stainless steel