Alternative Design’s tree shrew 4-cage housing unit features 4 removable cages per unit. Plexiglass covers the back of the caging unit to help keep the facility walls clean. While the entire front panel of this unit is removable, you may choose to access the inside of the cage through the smaller swinging-style door. To help in capturing the tree shrews, technicians may use the two-handled crowding wall (handles are removable). Each cage includes a resting board, a removable nesting tube and a litter pan. The entire unit is mobile and rests on four 5 inch casters, two of which have brakes.
Standard features include:
- Made from PVC coated stainless steel mesh
- Four removable cages per unit
- Unit back made from plexiglass to protect facility walls
- Entire front panel is removable with smaller swinging style door that offers access inside the cage
- Four-handled crowding wall (with removable handles) to help capture the tree shrews
- Cages include resting board plus removable nesting tube with a twist lock to hold it in place on the front of the cage
- Includes removable litter pan
- Four 5″ casters, 2 with brakes
Part # – TS4-24X30X80-C1
Dimensions – 24″ W x 30″ D x 80″ H
IMPORTANT: INITIAL CLEANING
All components of this Alternative Design stainless steel product must be cleaned, sanitized and sterilized, where applicable, prior to being put into service. This unit is made primarily of 304 stainless steel. Use care when cleaning to prevent corrosion that can shorten useful life. Cleaning solutions which contain high levels of chlorine are not recommended for stainless steel parts.
Caster used on this equipment was chosen for its suitability in applications where frequent washdowns are necessary. It is also well suited for applications exposed to heat, cleaning agents, steam, caustic solutions or other corrosive agents, which could cause rust and contamination. After washing and/or autoclaving, check casters for proper operation. Check the axle nut to ensure it is still tight (125 inch/pound is recommended). If the axle and/or swivel bearing has to be lubricated, use a high temp grease.
Alternative Design offers a 5-year warranty on all stainless steel fabricated products the company makes. These products are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects during this period.
The 5-year warranty includes:
* Individually Ventilated Caging (IVC) rack frames and fabricated components
* All other stainless steel fabricated caging systems
* Fabricated material handling, storage and processing equipment made of stainless steel