Alternative Design’s Artificial Insemination Caging can be used for all types of poultry breeding. Our PVC coated wire cages and hot-dip galvanized frames will provide a long-lasting system that is easy on the birds. With a manure belt clean-out, you can save labor and improve the house environment. We can also provide a positive manure scraping system.
Hen cage size is typically 12” W x 18” D x 18” H and are positioned on upper row. Rooster cage size can vary substantially by species. These cages are on the lower row.
Modular assembly to fit the specifications of your bird houses.
Standard features include:
- Hot-dip galvanized cage supports and frame for longer life
- PVC coated wire for bird comfort, easy cleaning and long life
- Heavy duty plastic grid floors to prevent sores on feet
- Solid runners on rooster floors
- Large door openings
- J feeders
- Automated water and feed
- Manure belt clean-out
Hen Cage Dimensions – 12” W x 18”D x 18” H
Rooster Cage Dimensions – varies by species
IMPORTANT: INITIAL CLEANING
All components of this Alternative Design stainless steel product must be cleaned, sanitized and sterilized, where applicable, prior to being put into service. PVC coated wire cleaning – PVC coated wire may be heated up to 180 degrees F or 82 degrees C for cleaning and disinfecting. This unit is made primarily of 304 stainless steel. Use care when cleaning to prevent corrosion that can shorten useful life. Cleaning solutions which contain high levels of chlorine are not recommended for stainless steel parts.
Alternative Design offers a 5-year warranty on all stainless steel fabricated products the company makes. These products are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects during this period.
The 5-year warranty includes:
* Individually Ventilated Caging (IVC) rack frames and fabricated components
* All other stainless steel fabricated caging systems
* Fabricated material handling, storage and processing equipment made of stainless steel