Alternative Design is a leader in the design and manufacture of poultry caging. With an emphasis on quality and innovative design in cages that last far longer than traditional poultry cages, Alternative Design has developed caging for chickens that not only provides a better environment for the animals, but withstands the test of time as well.
Customers have come to appreciate the ease of use that is built into all our poultry housing solution products, and the durable construction that comes from using PVC coated wire and stainless steel.
This product is designed to house chicks starting from a day old up to 3 to 4 weeks of age.
Standard features include:
- 304 stainless steel frame, pans and feeders
- PVC coated wire for animal comfort, easy cleaning and long term durability
- Automated water with adjustable height drinkers
- Exterior feeder with adjustable access grill that prevents bird escapes and keeps feed clean
- Large doors for easy access
- 5” swivel casters, 2 with brakes
- Stainless steel wire fronts
- Stainless steel wire cages
- Manual water system
- Removable cages
- Stainless steel casters
15″ High Cage
9 Cage Rack Dimensions – 85″ W x 33″ D x 69″ H
Cage Dimensions – 24″ W x 24″ D x 15″ H, 4 sq. ft. floor
PVC Coated Wire – Part # – SG9-24x24x15-PVC
Stainless Steel Wire – Part # – SG9-24x24x15-SS
18″ High Cage
9 Cage Rack Dimensions – 85″ W x 33″ D x 79″ H
Cage Dimensions – 24″ W x 24″ D x 18″ H, 4 sq. ft. floor
PVC Coated Wire – Part # – SG9-24x24x18-PVC
IMPORTANT: INITIAL CLEANING
All components of this Alternative Design stainless steel product must be cleaned, sanitized and sterilized,
where applicable, prior to being put into service.
PVC coated wire cleaning – PVC coated wire may be heated up to 180 degrees F or 82 degrees C for cleaning and disinfecting
This unit is made primarily of 304 stainless steel. Use care when cleaning to prevent corrosion that can
shorten useful life.
Cleaning solutions which contain high levels of chlorine are not recommended for stainless steel parts.
Caster used on this equipment was chosen for its suitability in applications where frequent washdowns are
necessary. It is also well suited for applications exposed to heat, cleaning agents, steam, caustic solutions
or other corrosive agents, which could cause rust and contamination.
After washing and/or autoclaving, check casters for proper operation. Check the axle nut to ensure it is still
tight (125 inch/pound is recommended). If the axle and/or swivel bearing has to be lubricated, use a high
Alternative Design offers a 5-year warranty on all stainless steel fabricated products the company makes. These products are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects during this period.
The 5-year warranty includes:
* Individually Ventilated Caging (IVC) rack frames and fabricated components
* All other stainless steel fabricated caging systems
* Fabricated material handling, storage and processing equipment made of stainless steel