The Alternative Design Tandem Dog Cage Unit is designed to provide the ultimate in safety for both the animals and technicians. This unit features polished welds for proper drainage, eliminating areas for bacteria to build-up. One-over-one design maximizes animal room space.
Standard Features include:
- Frame made from 304 stainless steel
- 304 stainless steel cage sides and top with perforated holes for more light
- 5” casters, 2 with brakes
- Large cage access door with swing out feed and water bowls
- Gravity latch for positive closing with padlock capability
- Cardholder welded onto front door
- Welded excreta pan
- Removable Tenderfoot® floor
- Automated water system
- Tilt metabolism pan
- Fiberglass slat or stainless slat floor
- Latch together to make quad with horizontal socialization (available only on the 8.6 sq. ft. model)
Part # – LGA2-40x34x82
8.6 Sq. Ft. Floor
Outside Dimensions 40″W x 34.37″D x 82″H
Inside Dimensions 39.63″W x 32″D x 32″H
Part # – LGA2-55x34x82
12.0 Sq. Ft. Floor
Outside Dimensions 55″ W x 35 3/8″ D x 82″ H
Inside Dimensions 54 3/4″ W x 32″ D x 32″ H
IMPORTANT: INITIAL CLEANING
All components of this Alternative Design stainless steel product must be cleaned, sanitized and sterilized, where applicable, prior to being put into service. This unit is made primarily of 304 stainless steel. Use care when cleaning to prevent corrosion that can shorten useful life. Cleaning solutions which contain high levels of chlorine are not recommended for stainless steel parts.
Caster used on this equipment was chosen for its suitability in applications where frequent washdowns are necessary. It is also well suited for applications exposed to heat, cleaning agents, steam, caustic solutions or other corrosive agents, which could cause rust and contamination. After washing and/or autoclaving, check casters for proper operation. Check the axle nut to ensure it is still tight (125 inch/pound is recommended). If the axle and/or swivel bearing has to be lubricated, use a high temp grease.
Alternative Design offers a 5-year warranty on all stainless steel fabricated products the company makes. These products are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects during this period.
The 5-year warranty includes:
* Individually Ventilated Caging (IVC) rack frames and fabricated components
* All other stainless steel fabricated caging systems
* Fabricated material handling, storage and processing equipment made of stainless steel