Primates think up so going vertical is only natural. Primates are also social climbers.
Alternative Design worked with a leading animal research facility on the East Coast to test and develop its non-human primate units. Our units are designed specifically to meet European Open Housing Guidelines.
Standard features include:
- Made from 304 stainless steel construction
- 4-section design
- Each section has casters so sections can be separated for transport and cleaning
- Each section has 2 locking brakes
- Center section has perches and benches at various levels
- Artificial turf for foraging as well as foraging trays and feeders
- Removable excreta pans under each section
Optional features include:
- Stainless steel climbing ladders
Part # – PR6.2-ERC-128x60x82
Approximate overall dimensions when joined together – 128″ W x 60″ D x 82″ H
Center is approximately 51 sq. ft., 4.74 m2 with a total of 338 cubic feet, 9.57 m3
IMPORTANT: INITIAL CLEANING
All components of this Alternative Design stainless steel product must be cleaned, sanitized and sterilized,
where applicable, prior to being put into service.
This unit is made primarily of 304 stainless steel. Use care when cleaning to prevent corrosion that can
shorten useful life.
Cleaning solutions which contain high levels of chlorine are not recommended for stainless steel parts.
Caster used on this equipment was chosen for its suitability in applications where frequent washdowns are
necessary. It is also well suited for applications exposed to heat, cleaning agents, steam, caustic solutions
or other corrosive agents, which could cause rust and contamination.
After washing and/or autoclaving, check casters for proper operation. Check the axle nut to ensure it is still
tight (125 inch/pound is recommended). If the axle and/or swivel bearing has to be lubricated, use a high
Alternative Design offers a 5-year warranty on all stainless steel fabricated products the company makes. These products are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects during this period.
The 5-year warranty includes:
* Individually Ventilated Caging (IVC) rack frames and fabricated components
* All other stainless steel fabricated caging systems
* Fabricated material handling, storage and processing equipment made of stainless steel