Primates think up so going vertical is only natural. Primates are also social climbers.
Alternative Design worked with a leading animal research facility on the East Coast to test and develop its non-human primate units. Our units are designed specifically to meet European Open Housing Guidelines.
Standard features include:
- Made from 304 stainless steel construction
- External mount water bottles with automated water system option
- 2-handle easy gliding squeeze back with directional baffle
- Welded excreta pan
- J feeder
- Tamper resistant latches and card holders
- Built-in 4-level horizontal socialization
- Easy to clean foraging tray
- 5″ stainless steel swivel casters with 4 position locking brakes
- 3 bar resting perch
Optional features include:
- Automated water system
- Sliding door (available only on the 6.3 model)
- Vertical socialization
- Metabolism pan
- Tilt flush pan
- Removable J feeder
- Trespa squeeze-back
- Single handled squeeze-back (6.3 Quad – sliding door option not available with a single handled squeeze-back option)
- Wall latches
- Foraging tray
6.3 sq. ft. floor – Part # – PR4C6.3
Outside Dimensions – 72″ W x 36.5″ D x 83″ H
Inside Cage Dimensions – 31″ W x 30″ D x 32″ H
4.5 sq. ft. floor – Part # – PR4C4.5
Outside Dimensions – 65.5″ W x 31.5″ D x 83″ H
Inside Cage Dimensions – 24.25″ W x 30″ D x 32″ H
IMPORTANT: INITIAL CLEANING
All components of this Alternative Design stainless steel product must be cleaned, sanitized and sterilized, where applicable, prior to being put into service. This unit is made primarily of 304 stainless steel. Use care when cleaning to prevent corrosion that can shorten useful life. Cleaning solutions which contain high levels of chlorine are not recommended for stainless steel parts.
Caster used on this equipment was chosen for its suitability in applications where frequent washdowns are necessary. It is also well suited for applications exposed to heat, cleaning agents, steam, caustic solutions or other corrosive agents, which could cause rust and contamination. After washing and/or autoclaving, check casters for proper operation. Check the axle nut to ensure it is still tight (125 inch/pound is recommended). If the axle and/or swivel bearing has to be lubricated, use a high temp grease.
Alternative Design offers a 5-year warranty on all stainless steel fabricated products the company makes. These products are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects during this period.
The 5-year warranty includes:
* Individually Ventilated Caging (IVC) rack frames and fabricated components
* All other stainless steel fabricated caging systems
* Fabricated material handling, storage and processing equipment made of stainless steel