PRESS BRAKE OPERATOR
Alternative Design Manufacturing, a growing metal fabrication company located in Siloam Springs, AR since 1987, has an opening for an experienced Press Brake Operator to join our team!
Tends fabricating machines such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines, spinning machines, and punch; that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Read/understand engineering blueprints to layout, measure and mark workpieces.
- Sets up, operates and trains all fabricating machines such as brakes, shears, wire straightener, ironworker, cutting equipment and turret.
- Sets stop or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Positions workpiece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
- Pushes button or depresses the pedal to activate the machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine the accuracy of machine operation.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or workpieces.
- Set up machine, stack, mark, pack, and transport finished workpieces.
- Follows verbal/written instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Maintains production records.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Perform assigned tasks as required.
- Work in a safe manner.
- Must have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience running a Press Brake.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Familiar with all phases of metal fabrication
- Must be able to read blueprints and be detail-oriented
- These positions require the ability to reason and make decisions, basic math, and computer skills are a plus
What We Offer:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Alternative Design is an EOE and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Human Resources Manager
Alternative Design Manufacturing and Supply
800-320-2459 Ext 350
3055 Cheri Whitlock or send resumes to PO Box 6330, Siloam Springs, AR 72761, or
Alternative Design is an EOE and a Drug Free Workplace.